Mycorrhizal fungi have long been recognized as a vital component of plant health. Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi colonise the roots of a host plant and with their extensive hyphae network of pseudo-roots are able to scavenge for nutrients required by its host plant in areas roots would be otherwise unable to penetrate or reach. In doing so mycorrhizae are able to increase plant water and nutrient uptake by between 10 and 1000 times, depending on conditions. Further, mycorrhizal plants have been shown to be more resistant to drought, saline conditions and diseases brought upon by soil born pathogens.
Re strongly recommend using AMF mycorrhizae in your water atleast once every two weeks during ALL growth phases.
What are benefits it provides?
- We use Rhizophagus irregularis aka Glomus intraradices which is the most powerful of all the mycorrhizae species.
- Improves soil structure and tilth.
- Improves uptake of nutrients otherwise inaccessible to plants (Phosphorus, Zinc, Calcium, Magnesium, Boron, Copper and Sulphur).
- Increases water availability and improves efficiency of water use.
- Reduces pests and disease.
- Fixes and stores Carbon in soils.
- Produces extracellular polysaccharides that improve soil porosity by binding soil particles into aggregates.
- Networking with other microorganisms in the rhizosphere further increases the benefits provided by mycorrhizae.
How do I use it?
|For Transplanting:||We recommend you apply one (1) teaspoon of AMF where you intend to place the root ball of the plant to be re-potted. Set the plant, cutting or seedling, and water as normal.|
|For Top Dressing:||We recommend you add two (2) tablespoons of AMF to your top dressing and water it in.|